See also: DDS Plugins
Exporting for DDS File Format (Photoshop)Edit
Exporting a file to DDS format is the same process as exporting to another file format, with a few extra options. Before you can export from Photoshop to DDS, you must install the NVIDIA Texture Tools plugin (linked above).
- Prepare your file for export
- this includes saving backups, final preparations, etc
- Navigate to File > Save As... (or Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + S)
- Name your file, select your destination, select DDS from the file types dropdown menu
- Required Settings (for SimCityPak):
- DTX5 ARGB - 8bpp | interpolated alpha
- 2D Texture
- Check Generate Mipmaps
- Image Options > Compression Quality > Highest
- Click "Save" to save your file
This will leave you with a DDS texture file, including alpha channel and mipmaps. Now your image is ready for importing into SimCityPak.